BREAK NEW GROUND WITH THE ALL-NEW 49X
Introducing what isn’t just the best truck we’ve ever built, but what might be the best truck anyone has ever built. The all-new 49X was built from the ground up to bring toughness into the modern age with an impressive collection of engineering, technology and more than half a century of experience building trucks that take on any challenge, anywhere. So, whether you need a rugged vocational truck or a semi truck, and whether you’ve owned Western Star for years or will for the first time, it’s time to break new ground with the all-new 49X.
49X SPECS AT A GLANCE
HORSEPOWER 400 to 605 HP
FRONT AXLE 12,000 to 23,000
REAR AXLE 12,000 to 78,000
TORQUE 1,450 to 2,050 lb/ft.
BUILT WITH ONE GOAL IN MIND
We spent half a decade designing and engineering the all-new 49X to be the best vocational truck on the market. Period. To achieve that, the 49X had to meet seven benchmarks we established at the start of the project. And we put it to the test to make sure it delivered on every one of them.
DESIGNED FOR UPFIT
SUPERIOR OPERATOR COMFORT
PROVEN POWERTRAIN OPTIONS
Western Star 49X Distinguishing Features
Built for the Challenge
The heavy-duty vocational frame underneath the 49X is engineered to stand up to the demands of severe service applications like construction, logging and heavy haul trucking while being lighter weight, more durable, easier to service and extremely Truck Equipment Manufacturer (TEM) friendly.
- SINGLE-CHANNEL RAILS
- SPLAYED FRAME RAILS
- FULL PARENT FRONT FRAME RAIL EXTENSION OPTIONS
- EASIER UPFIT
- BOLTED CROSSMEMBERS
- HEAVY-DUTY FASTENERS
- FRONT TOW ASSEMBLY
- ROBUST ROUTING AND CLIPPING
From snowplows and mixers to bulk haul tractors and everything in between, the wide selection of options on the 49X lets you choose the right combination of front engine PTOs (FEPTO) and transmission-mounted PTOs so you can install the equipment you need for your application.
Purpose Built Options
- Bumpers – The 49X offers three bumper styles in various finishes and thicknesses, as well as a boxed-in bumper with an optional grille guard for logging applications.
- Front Tow Devices – A number of towing device options mounted directly to the front frame head of the 49X for increased strength and durability with up to 140,000 lb tow capacity.
- Tool Boxes – Durable, lightweight aluminum tool boxes are available in 18-, 24-, and 34-inch widths. All are locking and can be ordered with plain, polished or diamond plate finish covers.
- Battery Boxes – Battery boxes in the 49X can be mounted between rails, inside the cab or on the frame. The frame-mounted boxes are also made from lightweight, corrosion-resistant aluminum for long life.
- Access Hatch – Optional left-side access hatch available for easy check of key fluid levels without opening the hood or removing front-mounted equipment.
- Air Cleaner Options – The optional pre-cleaner removes 80% of the particles out of the air before entering the primary air cleaner, extending filter life and service intervals in off-road environments.