DT12 ™ Automated Manual Transmission
Match this with the DT12 automatic transmission with 12 forward speeds and 4 reverse and torque ratings from 150 lbs/ft. to 20150 lbs/ft. and gear ratios of 14.93 in Direct Drive and Over Drive ratios of 11.67 – .078/ 14.96 and you have the perfect match of power torque and efficiency.
It doesn’t stop there! With Detroit’s Intelligent Powertrain Management (IPM) system you now have the capability to pinpoint the trucks location and look over a mile ahead to anticipate changes in terrain. The IPM will adjust cruise control, pre-select gears, eCoast and or brake the engine to maximize efficiency for the road conditions that lay ahead.
Drive to Perform
How does the Detroit DT12 assist drivers?
- A pneumatic actuator engages the clutch and shifts the transmission, allowing for faster and smoother gear-shifts compared to electronic actuation.
- Several options of driving modes depending on terrain and specific applications, including:
- Performance Mode to climb mountains
- Economy Mode for efficient city driving
- Intelligent Powertrain Management (IPM) analyzes the route ahead and will accelerate, preselect gears, eCoast and brake the engine to maximize efficiency.
- Creep Mode to improve low-speed maneuverability, making it ideal for backing up to a loading dock or in traffic.
- A true two-pedal system and Shift Lever.
- Advanced safety features like Auto Neutral where under certain conditions, the transmission electronically commands “neutral” gear.
- Virtual Technician is a factory-installed onboard diagnostic system that puts you in control of your business 24/7 and takes the guesswork out of powertrain repair by helping you to manage your business more efficiently.
- When combined with a specially designed driver interface with enhanced cruise control, drivers have plenty of ways to further improve their fuel efficiency.