Detroit DD13 Engine
Brute Strength and Power Options
The mighty Detroit DD13® engine with BlueTec® emissions technology is packed with 350 HP and 1,350 lb-ft of torque at low RPM as standard. This gives you a strong bottom end with the launching power to handle even your most severe duty hauling.
Save Fuel, Maintain Power
The Detroit DD13 engine’s smart design makes the most of every gallon by integrating ground-breaking, fuel-efficient technologies:
- Amplified Common Rail System (ACRS™) optimizes each injection event
- Advanced time-based cooling system decreases fan usage
- Strong pull down to 1100 RPM offers a fuel economy “sweet spot”
With the longest service intervals in its class and an easily serviceable design, the Detroit DD13 lowers your cost of ownership by decreasing your time in the shop. With oil, fuel and coolant filters positioned above the frame rails, you’ll be back in the driver’s seat fast. If maintenance issues come up on the road, you can count on Detroit Virtual Technician™ on board diagnostics system to let you know how serious the fault code is, where the nearest part you need is located, and when you can get into the next available service bay, and then it can even schedule your repair appointment for you
Detroit DD15 Engine
Starts with a newly designed DD15, starting at 455 to 505 horses. The newly designed DD15™ engine is engineered for performance and efficiency. This engine incorporates a variety of innovations the reduce fuel consumption while increasing power in on-highway applications.
Designed to Deliver
Our engineers re-examined, then re-designed many features of the DD15 to reach this level of performance, including:
- Proprietary Asymmetric Turbocharger to reduce weight and complexity and deliver improved performance over other turbo designs. This patented in-house design is more optimally matched to the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system to deliver outstanding performance.
- Next generation ACRS Fuel System optimizes DPF regenerations through combustion and control to extend regeneration intervals.
- DDEC® electronic engine controls to adjust to driving conditions and respond immediately to your commands.
- Fuel Filter Module uses a two-filter system for longer service life, increasing the service change interval to 50,000 miles. Serviceability has improved, with easier access to the water drain and fewer priming strokes.
- Optimized Piston Design introduces a carbon scraper ring, reduces oil consumption, and contributes to improved fuel economy. The DD15 meets 2013 OBD (OBD13) and 2014 Greenhouse Gas (GHG14) regulations.
- Variable Speed Water Pump utilizes the viscous clutch between the pulley and impeller drive to reduce impeller speeds, making it more efficient than a gear-driven design.
- Oil, fuel and coolant filters are positioned above the frame rail
- Detroit Virtual Technician® onboard diagnostics system can let you know how serious a fault code is when you’re on the road. It can notify you of where the nearest part is located, when you can get into the next available service bay, and can even schedule your repair appointment for you.
- Optimized Oil Pump delivers greater fuel economy.
- Weight Savings of 100-pounds compared to EPA10.
- Trained technicians are ready to serve you at any of our 800-plus authorized service outlets.
Detroit DD16 Engine
The Detroit DD16 drives like it means heavy-duty business. With 600 horsepower to muscle up forest roads and 2050 lb-ft of torque to move the heaviest loads, it’s built for extreme hauling, working and the most difficult challenges you can throw at it.
Extreme Power to Move Mountains
Pulling huge loads up hills is what the DD16 diesel engine was born to do. Its 15.6 -liter displacement produces 600 horsepower, while providing amazing torque curve to get the heaviest loads moving.
You’ll love the DD16’s attitude when the light turns green. Our exclusive Amplified Common Rail System (ACRS™) and simple turbocharger combine to deliver instant acceleration like no other engine and torque response other drivers will envy.
The right amount of fuel at the right time makes for an extremely quiet, smooth combustion and meets strict emissions requirements
Variable injection patterns give you fuel economy across a wide variety of engine operations
Turbo compounding helps your rig use less fuel without sacrificing power – making it the perfect solution for rising fuel prices. It recovers thermal energy from the exhaust stream, converting normally lost energy into useable power.
And the integrated Jacobs® Engine Brake means you’ll stop on a dime quietly, whether going uphill or down. It also reduces wear on service brakes, tires and other components.
Save Fuel with BlueTec®Emissions Technology
Like all Detroit engines, the DD16 comes with BlueTec SCR and our exclusive 1-Box Configuration meets emission standards at the tailpipe.
Expect Fast, Easy Service
Above-frame rail, cartridge-style filters and unmatched parts availability with expert service at 800-plus authorized service outlets means you can be in and out of the shop in no time. With big-bore durability and reliability and a 1 million mile B50 life, you’ll be doing the heaviest lifting on the job for years to come. If maintenance issues come up on the road, you can count on Detroit Virtual Technician™ to let you know how serious the fault code is, where the nearest part you need is located, and when you can get into the next available service bay, and then it can even schedule your repair appointment for you.
Vehicles with EPA 2010 Detroit engines that were purchased without Virtual Technician can equip their truck by purchasing a retrofit kit and service contract in the aftermarket. A Virtual Technician complete retrofit kit is available at your Detroit authorized service outlet. If your engine includes Virtual Technician onboard diagnostics system and you have not activated it yet, you can register Virtual Technician here.
You can purchase Diesel Exhaust Fluid for your BlueTec™ emissions system at more than 2,500 locations throughout the country.